Call for Applications of the GreenBuilding Integrated Design Award
The key points
INTEGRATED DESIGN (ID) is a design procedure that considers the building as a whole system with the aim of optimizing it throughout the lifecycle. ID can be used to reach high ambitions by developing, discussing and evaluating a scheme using a multidisciplinary team from the initial design phases. ID is a proven approach for achieving high-performance buildings with good indoor environment, without sacrificing architectural quality or result in excessive costs.
The objective of the GreenBuilding Integrated Design Award is to give European visibility to outstanding integrated design processes. Integrated design is a proven method of achieving high-performance buildings that meet the client brief, without sacrificing architectural quality or causing excessive costs.This is a continuously open call. Each year an evaluation committee will assess all applications. The best applications for each year will be awarded within the frame of a European high-level conference. Information about the GB ID Award 2015 will be announced soon.
Requirements for submission to the GB ID Award:
- All private and public organisations which have a GreenBuilding Partner Status are allowed to apply!
- GreenBuilding Partner Status is achieved if the realised building is a service building and complies with the quality criteria of the GreenBuilding Program.
- Please note: Application procedure for GB Partnership status might take a couple of weeks. Please start the whole application procedure about 2 months prior the submission ends if you do not have a valid GB Partnership status.
- One organisation is allowed to submit several buildings.
- Submission of non-residential buildings only for both, new buildings and refurbishments is allowed.
The GreenBuilding Partner status is a prerequisite for taking part in the GB ID Award. It can be easily achieved if the applicant has implemented a building project that fulfills the quality criterion of the GreenBuilding Programme.
The GreenBuilding Programme Partner Guidelines can be found here.
- Signed GreenBuilding Partner Registration form,
- Completed GreenBuilding Programme Application Tool (GBP AT),
- Energy Audit Report (for renovation projects),
- Energy Analysis Report (for new building projects),
- Integrated Design Report,
- The ID dedicated spread sheets #ID1 and #ID2 in the GBP AT.
Submission language is English. Please provide GBP AT as .xls and all other documents as .pdf.
The first GB ID Award 2014 was granted on 1 April 2014 in Frankfurt during the IEECB conference. The winner of the GB ID Award 2014 is Wirtschaftsagentur Wien and ATP architects engineers with the building aspern IQ in Vienna, Austria.
Commendations go to a) Kobra Team d.o.o.and Protim Ržišnik Percd.o.o with the Plus Energy Business Building Kobra in Slovenia and ii) the Municipality of Evrotas(Greece) and National and Kapodistrian University of Athens with the Bassourakos Building-Cultural Center.
- Please find the whole GB ID Award call text here.
- Please visit the site of the GreenBuilding Programme for further information or download the flyer for information in brief.
- ID reporting template.
- GreenBuilding Programme Application Tool for DOS, for MAC. Please activate macros.
- GreenBuilding Integrated Design Award (18 Dec 2013)
- First European Award for Integrated Design handed over today (1 April 2014)